Blackberry Torch 9800 Unlocked/Sim Free mobile phone
If you need this on a business mobile contract please visit our sister company rydal communications
BUY TODAY! NEXT DAY DELIVERY
The long awaited launch is closing. Be one of the first to own a Blackberry 9800 Torch. Rydal Communications are pleased to offer a pre order date, 24 September 2010.
The launch of the Blackberry OS 6 and of the specialized phone running on that OS was more or less on the cards as the new platform is so demanding that none of the company’s existing models were evolved enough to support the new Os’ advanced features apply but this does not imply that the OS 6 users will not be able to use the older version services- the company has made its OS backward compatible and it will support all the apps and features that were supported by the older versions.
“This is one of the most important product introductions in our history. It’s a really special product because so much new goodness has been added to it.” said Mike Lazaridis, RIM’s president and co-chief executive. “The fact that this device is going to be geared toward both enterprise and consumer, that will be a positive as people will feel that if they design for this device, they can hit two birds with one stone,” he added.
The Blackberry torch 9800 slider is coming with a brand new form factor having both a touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard. The phone is running on the OS 6 which indeed in itself is a huge bonus as the new OS offers a host of new and improved features. , the new BlackBerry 6 OS which comes packed with a new browser, and a 5 megapixel camera with a flash. Inside there’s HSDPA support for 3.6 Mbps (assuming you’re stood next to a base station), as well as GPS and n-standard Wi-Fi. Around the back there’s an iPhone 4 matching 5 megapixel camera, with autofocus, digital zoom and the face recognition. The BlackBerry Torch 9800 also bakes in a fair slice of memory. There’s 4GB internal storage and support for micro SDHC memory cards, meaning it can be expanded with an extra 32GB. Again, this makes the maximum memory inside the BlackBerry Torch 9800 an iPhone-battering 36GB.Running it all is a 624 MHz processor. That’s slower than the likes of the HTC Desire and iPhone 4, but it’s running RIM’s new BlackBerry 6 OS.
The complete specs of the device include:
* BlackBerry 6 – Featuring:
* Context-sensitive pop-up menus for more relevant options
* A new WebKit browser for faster and more robust performance
* Integrated social feeds including the ability to update multiple social networks from a single screen
* Engaging multimedia experience
* Universal Search to uncover results throughout your smartphone – from Contacts, Apps, data and the Web
* Sleek design with a touch-sensitive trackpad located on the front face of the device
* The first BlackBerry smartphone to include the new BlackBerry App World pre-installed.
* 3.2” 360 x 480 capacitive touch screen display
* Vivid 5.0MP camera with flash, auto focus, image stabilization and geo-tagging
* Support for 3G networks (HSDPA)
* 512MB Flash memory, 4GB onboard memory, microSD/SDHC memory card slot (4GB card included, cards up to 32GB supported)
* Built-in GPS and WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
* Network Support
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* HSPDA/UMTS: 800/850/1900/2100 MHz
* Approximately 4.4” x 2.4” x 0.57” (closed), 5.8” x 2.4” x 0.57” (open).